Now that we are almost half-way done with 2019, the marketing gurus have spoken; video marketing is the hot new trend. For most trends that appear in the marketing world, it is easy to recognize when they will cycle out and become obsolete. Well, I am here to say that video marketing will be sticking around for the foreseeable future.
Facts on Facts
Since video marketing is the new medium of choice for marketing firms looking to spark engagement for both desktop and mobile users, marketers are well prepared for the digital video ad onslaught. If you don’t believe me, take a look at these statistics on digital video growth.
- 74% of US consumers aged 13 and up, watch streaming/online video at least once a week.
- 41% of that population watches daily.
- 78% of digital video viewers are willing to watch advertisements as an exchange for free content.
- 70% of consumers report sharing a brands video with a friend or on their social media channels. (Wyzowl)
- 72% of businesses report increased conversion rates as a result of adding video content. (Wyzowl)
- 93% of businesses who utilize video believe that it has increased user understanding of their product or service. (Wyzowl)
These numbers are still growing, and will only continue to grow from here. In today’s market where everyone is fighting for a piece of the pie, knowing these figures could help ensure a large bite for your business.
The New Strategy
Today’s consumers have a very short attention span of about eight seconds. Since the window to capture and captivate is so small, video advertising is the most potent form of content to engage the average consumer. If developed with the right recipe, video content can have a significant impact on your consumer engagement, amongst other things. By combining compelling stories, light humor, and a simple format, your video content can engage more consumers and increase your ROI. Here are some tips to consider when developing your digital video content:
- The KISS (Keep it Simple, Stupid) Principle
- Don’t beat around the bush. Delivering anything that does not influence your bottom line as a business is a waste, so make it clear and straightforward when developing your message!
- If it’s Important, Repeat it!
- Fish forget everything after three seconds. Humans lose interest in eight seconds. To ensure that we do not fall subject to devolution, repeat your message across as many channels as possible (email, social media, mobile & web sites).
- Mobile Friendly
- Keep in mind that the number of mobile users is steadily increasing and is substantially more than desktop users.
- Tell a Story
- It’s human nature to stop and listen to compelling stories so be sure to incorporate one in your digital video content.
Advertisers are prepared for this new trend and have been shifting more and more money, time, and research into digital video marketing. So, if you want your business to generate more leads, increase engagement, and get a change of pace from slow, text-heavy blogs, video marketing is the way to go. Thankfully, Red Shark is a full-service marketing agency that excels in all areas, including digital video. Please contact us today to inquire about our digital marketing services.
Red Shark Digital is a superior full-service digital marketing agency that specializes in Web Design, SEO, Branding, and Digital Advertising. With offices across North Carolina including Raleigh, Greenville, and Wilmington, our team of digital marketing specialists are able to create catered solutions for your business needs. Our clients have allowed us to push the boundaries of web and creative design, while building innovative results for their company and their brand. These clients have encompassed multiple industries including higher education, healthcare, and major commercial franchises. Our wide range of clientele has allowed us to craft specialized strategies for businesses of all sizes while conveying our knowledge across a variety of platforms. We always strive to connect brands to customers, learn what we can do for your business today.