In the world of technological advancements and the shift from physical to digital presence, what is important for a business’ success? Well, the answer is actually in that question, “presence.” Being able to make your business present and equally important, relevant, is key to its success in today’s evolving world. And this, the efforts in connecting your company to your customers through digital enhancements, is digital marketing. We are an agency that focuses on digital marketing in Raleigh and Greenville, North Carolina and are always looking for ways to stay current in terms of marketing strategies, and for opportunities to educate our customers in ways they can be successful.
Why is Digital Marketing Important?
Whether you’re a business that’s trying to gain knowledge on digital marketing in Raleigh, or in another location across the continental US, learning digital marketing strategies and how to use them is important. Like we discussed before, digital marketing is the process of expanding your presence through digital avenues such as websites, emails, and social media, and marketing has always been about connecting with your audience. It’s no surprise that the demand for online availability has increased, which is exactly the reason digital marketing is so important. Now that we understand that in order to be successful, we need to connect with people, and the people we want to connect with are online, how do we accomplish this? Well, there are a lot of strategies you can research and easily implement on your own—let’s take a look at a few.
What Are the Types of Digital Marketing?
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO). The first category we can discuss is SEO. As the name describes, SEO is a powerful tool you can use to help your business rank higher on Google, Bing, or other search engines. You want to “optimize” your website so search engines will deem you as credible and in return, increase the likelihood of your site displaying on higher search pages. Your website is your biggest advocate for your online presence, and making sure it provides the necessary information in a clear and concise way is very beneficial. Here are some ways to do that:
- Ensure you are publishing relevant content and avoid duplicating content.
- Find ways to increase links throughout your site, but make sure they are from trusted sites.
- If your site is older, maybe look into revamping it. Or if you’re not ready for a rebuild, make sure it’s easy to work with and you don’t have pages or images that have long load times or dead links.
- Content Marketing. We talk about content, and content isn’t just the text that’s on your physical website. Yes, this is important and should tell visitors exactly what they are looking to find out, but being able to provide up-to-date articles or blogs is something that will go a long way for your business. When you’re writing these, be sure to include keywords or, in layman’s terms, words or phrases that users enter in search engines to find similar subjects. For example, being a digital marketing agency, we want to make sure we are using terms such as “digital marketing in Raleigh,” or “web design in Greenville,” since those are specific products we serve that people may be interested in learning more about. This will help give your site relevancy and help your site rank higher.
- Social Media Marketing. If you’re not Googling how to do something, or looking up where something is, chances are you’re scrolling through social media to help pass time. If you want to increase your popularity online, make sure you have social accounts and are making regular posts. Follow other agencies and work on increasing your followers. Engage with people, talk about what your business does, and work towards establishing your name.
Is Digital Marketing Easy to Learn?
There are many ways to learn more about digital marketing, and the good thing about everything being online nowadays is that you can easily search any of the types of digital marketing strategies and find more information and ways to implement them. So in a way, yes. Learning how to achieve digital marketing is not as intimidating as it seems. However, it does require time, so buckle down and start making your plans on how to help your business become more successful. At the end of the day, if this seems like a daunting task, you can always reach out to an agency that specializes in digital marketing to guarantee your company’s success.
Red Shark Digital is a superior full-service digital marketing agency that specializes in Web Design, SEO, Branding, and Digital Advertising. With offices across North Carolina including Raleigh, Greenville, and Wilmington, our team of digital marketing specialists are able to create catered solutions for your business needs. Our clients have allowed us to push the boundaries of web and creative design, while building innovative results for their company and their brand. These clients have encompassed multiple industries including higher education, healthcare, and major commercial franchises. Our wide range of clientele has allowed us to craft specialized strategies for businesses of all sizes while conveying our knowledge across a variety of platforms. We always strive to connect brands to customers, learn what we can do for your business today.